| Diana Tencic- body be well
I really love Arancini balls but they are filled with cheese and plenty of the white stuff. I made these so my kids would eat broccoli without the frowns and the nose turns. I am proud to say that this recipe has also appeared in Martyna's cookbook "Recipes for lifes seasons" you can find it here on amazon. Click here to take a peak at the book.
What you'll need:
- 1/2 cup uncooked rice- this will double in quantity what we want to happen
- one small florette of broccoli finely chopped
- one teaspoon of white chia seeds
- one egg
- salt to taste
- 45 gms of halloumi grated
- 4 tablespoons of gluten free flour
- 1/3 cup gluten free flour for coating balls
- one jar of italian pasatta
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
Prepare rice according to instructions-it should not take more than 10 minutes to cook.
While rice is cooking finely chop the florets only of your broccoli and place in a bowl
Add the chia seeds.
Add the grated haloumi.
A sprinkle of salt.
Add 4 tablespoons of gluten free flour.
Drain you rice and then stir through the with the bowl of contents.
Let it cool slightly before adding your egg.
Once it has cooled slightly add your egg and stir through.
Shape the balls about a tablespoon amount and coat with flour.
To avoid sticking wash your hands between a few balls.
Heat about 4 tablespoons of olive oil in a frypan and cook till brown on both sides.
Pour about 1/2 a jar of pasatta in pan and heat through then serve balls on top of the pasatta.
makes 11 balls