Vegan Tofu and Kale Nachos
I love Kale.
I love tofu.
So hey, let’s bring them together to make something special! I do this a lot. Open my fridge and see what’s inside for recipe inspo. You too? I am enjoying kale at the moment and love cooking it right down to a soft texture. I find it gentler on my system. This recipe serves two and let me tell you, it does taste better the next day, with all the flavours being infused into the tomato sauce.
On a side note we have over 200 people registered for the 15 minute fitness challenge. We will open registration again so If you missed out you can join again. Register your interest by joining our newsletter.
- one packet of tofu 250 gms cubed-solid tofu works best
- olive oil
- one tin of diced Italian tomatoes 400gms
- cumin, chilli, turmeric and oregano
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup of water
- 4 stalks of kale removed from stem and chopped up finely
- Dice your tofu and cook in a fry pan with olive oil on medium heat turning and making sure all sides are brown.
- Add you kale and sautée.
- Add your tin of tomatoes and spices.
- Place a lid on the pan and allow to cook for about 10 minutes.
- Use your water if the tomatoes thicken up.
- Serve with your preferred corn chip.
- This serves 2