Vegan Tiramisu Slice
I love tiramisu. I remember as a young girl, my mum would make it for us using custard rather than mascarpone cheese. I think she was ahead of her time, making a tiramisu a little healthier!
This slice came about after a craving for my mums cake. A small slice of this cake and you will be a happy little Italian bunny!
It takes no time to make, but does require patience as it needs to set in the fridge or freeezer. I prefer to set it in the freezer as it holds its shape better. As it is low in sugar and coconut oil it is best sliced and placed back into the freezer until you want another piece to eat.
- one cup almonds
- one tablespoon of coconut oil
- one cup of medjool dates/pitted
- 2 cups of cashews
- 2 tablespoon of coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon of rice malt syrup
- to make coffee 1/2 cup of boiling water and one teaspoon of coffee
- 1/2 cup coconut cream
- Line small pyrex dish or bread tin with baking paper.
- In a high power blender, add your dates'lmonds and coconut oil and combine well.
- Using your clean hands spread the mixture into the dish.
- Set aside
- Combine all the ingredients for the filling in the same high power blender and combine till smooth and thick.
- Pour onto your base and set it in the fridge overnight or in the fridge for 2 hours.
- Top with buckwheat groats.
- Keep in the freezer covered in cling foil.