Guilt Free Chocolate banana cake
I have to be honest and say that this banana cake was made out of necessity!
You see my kids love banana cake and ask me to make it weekly. I love nothing more than recipes that take a flash to make. You all know me by now, recipes that are fiddly just do not rock my boat.
A tip, to make the frosting you need to pop a tin of coconut cream in the fridge for a day. The oil will seperate making it easier for you to remover the cream.
You can also make this without the chocolate just omit the cacao powder and rice malt syrup.
If you have extra bananas finish the cake off with fresh bananas.
- 2 ripe bananas peeled
- 2 eggs
- one table spoon of coconut oil
- one cup of gluten free flour
- 1 tablespoon of cacao powder
- one tablespoon of rice malt syrup
- 1 can of coconut cream
- vanilla essence
- In a bowl place your banana and mash with a fork.
- Add your coconut oil, rice malt syrup and cacao powder.
- Gently combine.
- Add your eggs and lastly but not least the flour and gently combine.
- Line a small cake tin 20 cm diameter with baking paper, baking for 30 minutes at 170.c
- To make whipped coconut cream remove the cream and leave the oil.
- Add 4 caps full of vanilla essence and beat with an electric beater.
- keeps for about 3 days