Christmas Cherry Cake
When you have an abundance of cherries what’s a girl to do?
1. Make a sauce
2. Make a cherry vanilla cake
3. Combine both to make a Christmas cherry cake!
So, if you have left over cherries, about 2 cups worth, then this is the recipe for you.
This cake is gluten free and low in sugar. It takes about 40 minutes to bake.
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you all for a wonderful year of food and fitness.Stay consistent with your movement and enjoy your holidays. If you are going to indulge may I suggest eating lots of fibre prior! Think rocket and spinach salads. This will help slow do the absorption of sugars in the tummy and large intestines. Cannot wait to share plenty more adventures with you all.
- 1 cup of cherries fresh and pitted
- 1 teaspoon corn flour
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 1/2 cups of self raising gluten free flour
- 1/2 cup rice malt syrup
- 1 cup desiccated coconut
- 2 eggs
- i cup of coco quench
- 1 cap full of vanilla essence
- 1 cup of fresh pitted cherries
- bread tin lined with baking paper
- in a small pot make your sauce.
- Combine all the ingredients and allow to simmer for about 3/4 minutes making sure it does not burn.
- Prepare your cake
- combine all your dry ingredients in a bowl.
- In a seperate bowl add your eggs, milk, vanilla essence and coco quench.
- add your wet ingredients into your dry and combine gently.
- Add your cherries and pour into your lined tin.
- Bake at 170.c for 40 minutes
- Serve with your sauce and if you love vanilla ice cream oh boy what a combo!